Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Module 3_Web 2.0

The html list was heaps easier to comprehend than the furl site. I could not understand the furl site until I looked at the html site.

I think the benefits might be negligible. Furl reads like a forum without an adjudicator. Html reads like a library book shelf. They are both fine, it comes down to personal preference.

I loathe the idea of everyone being able to have an input on the web's content. It compromises the perception I have of integrity of information and the self esteem of the individual. It is very easy to become part of the internet. It draws you in and as soon as you get comfortable it takes something from you. It's like a bad friend.

There is always your own inner critic and then there is the web's mysterious input on content. I never understood cyber bullying until I did this course. But I now see that peole divulge a part of themselves and then potentially can be attacked from an unknown source. Just because someone did a search on 'I feel sad' for instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment