Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Module 3_Optional 'Standards' Task 2

It would be a breach of copyright to use the Curtin logo on my work. The reason for this is that it is my work. Even if Curtin University placed their logo on my work it is a breach of my inherent copyright. The Curtin logo may only be used on documents commissioned by Curtin University and it's employees as original material or research, or formal communication from the organisation.

I have permission to use the cartoon by Weg which I have placed on my study website. His trustees have said my use of it to market myself is no problem. It is of me and I have the original. Sometimes using an image for marketing purposes would create multiple copies of original works which could attract royalties to be payed to the artist or creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment