Monday, May 11, 2009

Module 4_Boolean Search

Peacock and habitat - on Google - 908,000 hits.
Peacock or habitat - on google - 940,000 hits
Peacock not habitat - on Google - 284,00 hits
habitat peacock - on Google - 891,000 hits
peacock habitat - on Google - 888,000 hits
peacock - on Google - 19,800,000 hits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacock
All searches have wikipedia close to the top. There were no university sources on this topic.

All searches gave me a part of what I was looking for. They are native to India and a few other places like Java which I didn't know. But the information is patchy and not that abundant about peacock habitat on the top level internet really. There is nothing leading me to the 'deep web'.

I would save these searches in Explorer's Favourites. If there were too many favourites I would place them in a folder called Peacocks. Really I would search on a 'needs to' basis. The internet itself is the library or resource. Why store everything again? To be honest I would not search for information about peacock habitat in this way. Nothing on the internet seems very reassuring about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment